Blog post #8: I DID IT!

 

Hello Everyone

    Hello and welcome back to my blog, everyone! Ladies and gentlemen, I have no time for clever introductions this week because I am now overwhelmed by all of the joy and energy coursing through my veins! For the first time ever, I have solved the Rubix cube in under 1 minute (insert actual time here), to be exact. I genuinely have no words for this moment; the amount of time I spent practising, memorizing algorithms, and attempting solves has finally paid off, and I can now officially say that I HAVE SOLVED THE RUBIX CUBE IN UNDER A MINUTE! The journey to get here was arduous. Going to Walmart and buying my first cube feels like it happened yesterday. Looking back on this experience, I am so proud of how far I've come, and seeing the progress that I made every week was very encouraging. There were some moments of weakness and many frustrating moments throughout my journey, but I am so glad that I pushed through them and never quit. I will always cherish the time I spent with the Rubix cube, and I'm very excited to have added a new party trick to my skill set.

   As usual, I will break down how I spent my genius hour this week. Overall it was very straightforward. I spent the first 15 minutes warming up my hands with my weekly Rubix cube warm-up routine. Then after that, I spent about 5 minutes setting up my phone and my timer to film my solves. Then after everything was set up, I started attempting solves. After each attempted solve, I would have to reset the timer and ensure that the camera angle hadn't changed. This process went on for a solid 35 minutes before I finally captured the miracle run. 

    Truthfully, everyone, I'm just so content with this entire journey. I want to say thank you to everyone that has followed along with my journey and has stuck with me during this crazy ride. You all have kept me accountable and have given me the motivation to keep putting my best foot forward every week! Thank you for reading my blog posts every week, providing me great feedback and most of all, being the best blog audience this guy could ever ask for. I look forward to my last few posts summarizing this crazy journey. Until then, I hope you have a great and restful weekend and that your March Break is filled with lots of joy and laughter. I'll see you all in a few weeks! Happy cubing everyone 

Luca D'Amico 



 

Comments